Maxillofacial surgery is the medical-surgical specialty focusing on the study, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of congenital or acquired diseases of the oral cavity, the facial skeleton and related cervical structures.
The maxillofacial surgeon has extensive knowledge in oral and maxillofacial surgery that allow him to carry out complicated extractions, bone grafts and dental implants, among many other treatments.
The following treatments are performed by a maxillofacial surgeon:
• Reconstruction of maxillary due to genetic malformation, accidents, etc.
• Extraction of oral tumors.
• Extraction of oral cysts.
• Complex dental extractions.
• Bone grafts.
• Extraction of wisdom teeth close to the nerve.
• Reconstructions and post cancer treatment in the head and neck area.
In this way, doctors specialized in oral and maxillofacial surgery count on extensive experience in the diagnosis and treatment of all those problems related to the oral cavity, the face and the facial structure.